Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Integrating Spring with IceFaces

Since I spent hours and hours trying to find information on various forums on how to accomplish this when I first started using Spring framework and subsequently, IceFaces and since I've been using both for a couple of years now, I figured I'll create a sample project and hopefully make someone else's life just a little bit easier.

At the link below you can download a sample project that integrates Spring and IceFaces in Java.  It uses Maven so you'll need to get that installed.

Few things:
  • Download Maven here (I use 2.x, so using 3.x may require a couple of changes to the pom).
  • In applicationContext.xml, you'll need to reference a valid data source - you can create one in WebLogic and use a JNDI lookup or install a mySQL and use a local data source.  I provided examples of both.
  • I use WebLogic, but Tomcat should work as well as the application server.
  • To compile, do mvn clean install
  • To open the application, navigate to http://localhost:7001/example, if you are using WebLogic, or http://localhost:8080/example, if you are using Tomcat (port may be different in your configuration).
Hope this helps someone.  Let me know in the comments if it does or if there any problems.  Due to my workload and a new baby I won't have time to troubleshoot with you but I'll try to help if it's something simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment